Tuesday, May 10, 2011

BLT Bacon Bites

Everyone but Kate really liked these. They were more like a muffin than I was expecting but really tasted good. I left out the tomatoes because I didn't have them, but I'm sure it would be good with them too. I just served them as a side dish to our Brinner (breakfast for dinner).

3/4 cup flour + 1/2 cups for flouring your muffin tin
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups colby-jack cheese, shredded
1 small roma tomato, diced
3 slices SMITHFIELD Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup chopped spinach
A pinch of salt & lots of fresh-cracked pepper
Ranch Dressing for Dipping

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini-muffin tin with a generous layer of non-stick cooking spray, then sprinkle a generous layer of flour. Tap the muffin tin to remove any excess flour. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, milk, and egg until a thin batter forms. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except for the ranch dressing!) and spoon into your greased muffin tins. Bake immediately in a preheated oven for 10-20 minutes, or until puffs are golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving. Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!

I can't remember where I got this...sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment