Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pizza Sauce

I love this because I don't have to open a whole jar of spaghetti sauce (which is what I used to always do) just to use half of it and let it go bad in the fridge. Plus it tastes good!

Pizza Sauce

1 6-oz. can tomato paste
6 oz. water
1 Tbsp. Parsley
1 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 Tbsp. sugar or honey
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)

Empty tomato paste into a bowl and add water a few tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly until combined. Continue adding water until you reach desired consistency. Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and allow to stand until ready to use. Covers two average-sized pizza; freezes extremely well.

I go easy on the garlic because I'm ultra sensitive to the smell...but I'm sure if you love garlic it would be better to add some in some form!

Adapted from Melanie Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment